The Ogle County Housing Authority owns and manages 130 apartments and homes available to the low income residents of Ogle County. OCHA owns apartments and homes in Oregon, Polo and Forreston which are rented to people who meet income guidelines. Rent is based on 30% of adjusted monthly household income. There is a minimum rent of $50.00 for all bedroom sizes. The actual amount of rent paid depends on income, number of dependents, medical deductions (senior citizens or disabled) and child care expenses. Utility allowances are also given as credit toward the rent payment. These allowances are reviewed annually and approved by the Ogle County Housing Authority's Board of Commissioners. All applicants must have a history of being a responsible tenant and citizen who pays bills, respects neighbor's rights and takes proper care of the premises. All of our Properties are Smoke Free.
The Housing Authority has three 1 bedroom apartment buildings. Although the 1 bedroom buildings are not designed the same, they each feature:
- Laundry facilities - Intercom systems - Secured entry - Emergency assist alarms
- Cable TV hookups - Free water and garbage service - Off street private parking - Stove and refrigerator
- Window treatments - Common area furniture - Carpeted and/or tile floor - Air conditioners
- A centrally located community room with a kitchen,TV viewing area and free Wi-Fi
The Housing Authority has 2, 3 and 4 bedroom family duplexes and homes located in Oregon and Polo. They feature:
- Stove and refrigerator - Window treatments - Central air conditioning (2 bedroom duplexes only)
How to Apply:
You can apply in person at the Ogle County Housing Authority office located at 200 Washington Street, Suite 100, Oregon, IL 61061. Applications accepted Monday thru Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Criminal background checks are done as part of the application process.